Invitation to submit Project Proposals
AJIR – Action for East Jerusalem’s Identity and Resilience
CALL FOR PROPOSALS : Large Investments for Education & Culture
The NGO Development Center (NDC) announces the availability of funding to Palestinian civil society organisations (CSOs) through a call for proposals under AJIR programme.
The call for proposals is dedicated to large investments developed by CSOs targeting education, culture and youth-related needs and aims at improving education and cultural services provided to youth. Duration of the selected projects is expected not to exceed 3 years. Designed with the overarching goal of contributing to the full emancipation of Palestinian youth, the call for proposals aims at providing funding to finance construction or renovation works in order to remove material constraints which prevent the development of quality education and cultural provisions and infrastructures (lack of classrooms, poor premises conditions, etc.).
CSOs have to apply individually to receive grants under this call for proposal. Each CSO is allowed to submit only one project proposal.
The following eligibility criteria shall be satisfied:
- - CSO is a Palestinian, non-governmental, non-profit and non-partisan organization;
- - CSO has been registered for at least three years under the competent authority by the date of submission of the proposal and is able to provide evidence of legal registration;
- - CSO must have a local operating office in East Jerusalem;
- - The project activities target East Jerusalem;
- - Project duration cannot exceed 3 years;
- - The funding ceiling per project is EUR 1.5 million while the minimum threshold is EUR 500,000;
- - The project budget per year shall not represent more than seventy percent of the CSO annual resources over the last three accounting periods;
- - For construction and infrastructure works, projects must have received (at the time of submission of the proposal) all necessary approvals and permits from the competent authorities;
- - Projects shall not involve economic and population displacement.
Kindly review the “Guidelines for Submission” for more information on the eligibility criteria and submission requirements. CSOs interested in applying may pick up the proposal package from NDC office at the address listed below, or may request to receive the proposal package by sending an email to:
NDC Main Office:
Abu Sbeih Building
Ramallah- Jerusalem Road/ Al Ram
Tel : 02-2347771 Fax: 02- 2347776
Working hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Monday through Thursday and Saturday)
Submission Date: The proposals shall be submitted in hard and soft copies to NDC’s office. The deadline for submission is 18/11/2020 at 2:00 pm. Proposal submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.